Monday 31 August 2015

Day 26 Off to the crescent Nebula

As the crescent nebula is close to the bubble, nebula, I thought that I should visit it on my way home, though it is a few thousand light years out of my way.

The bubble nebula is around 7100 light years from my base on Altair. The cresent nebula is around 4300 ly from the bubble and around 7100ly from Altair.

As usual, I have been using my spreadsheet to determine the optimal steps for the journey. In the past I have been using steps of 1000ly, stopping to record the location of systems where I refuel. To ensure that there is a system at the end of each step which I can use to set the destination for the internal sat nav, I have reduced the step size to 900 ly.

Today I started my journey to the crescent nebula, I hope to finish it within the next few days.

Travel plans Spreadsheet

No comments:

Post a Comment